1/3cupdark chocolatefinely chopped (85% cacao and higher)- also optional
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 9 cups of a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
2. In a large bowl add bananas and blend using a hand mixer until completely mashed. Then add eggs, vanilla, coconut oil, and maple syrup and mix using hand mixer until everything is mixed together, about 1 minute.
3. Add coconut flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon to the wet ingredients and mix again using hand mixer until everything is incorporated.
4. Add dark chocolate if using and mix with a spoon.
Scoop batter into even scoops into the prepared muffin tin. Makes about 9 muffins.
5. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until tops are golden and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
6.Allow muffins to cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan.
7. Store muffins in an airtight container for 2-3 days. They can keep longer in refrigerator or even longer in the freezer.
Oahu Fresh provides access to food from local farms for homes, offices, restaurants, hotels, and schools throughout Hawaii. As an avid participant in the CSA Hawaii program, we take pride in delivering freshly grown produce to you.