- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 bananas very ripe
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- 1/4 buttermilk
- Line a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan with nonstick foil and lightly grease the bottom only.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine dry ingredients: oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Scoop the avocado into a large bowl and mash lightly.
- Add oil and brown sugar to the avocado. Cream together using an electric mixer, until light and creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in bananas, then walnuts and dry ingredients.
- Stir in buttermilk and beat just until buttermilk is incorporated.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake in preheated oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes. The bread is quite moist and may not pass the "toothpick" test at this point. If you prefer a drier bread, bake a little longer.
Share this Recipe