- 12 jalapenos
- 1/4 cup onion minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 3/4 cup cream cheese
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 oz jack cheese cut into 2 1/2-inch long batons
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Slice the jalapeños in half lengthwise or slice off the top one-third (lengthwise) of each jalapeño to make a boat shape out of each pepper.
- Scrape out all the seeds and ribs from each jalapeño with a spoon.
- Mix together all the filling ingredients except the jack cheese batons.
- Pack the filling into the peppers and nestle a baton of jack cheese onto the filling of each one. Arrange the peppers on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and lightly browned, and the peppers are cooked.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Share this Recipe