- 4 Cups butternut squash peeled and diced
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 3 shallots minced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup quinoa rinsed
- 1.5 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1.5 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbs fresh sage
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs beaten (optional)
- 0.5 cup milk (dairy, almond, or soy)
- 1 cup Gruyere or vegan cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a large baking sheet with olive oil. Add squash and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add shallots and sage and cook for 8 minutes or until shallots are tender. Add in garlic and cook for another 30 seconds. Add in quinoa and squash and stir for another minute.
- Add in broth, black pepper, sea salt and cayenne pepper. Bring to a simmer and then reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 25 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Move the quinoa mixture to an oven safe pan. In a small bowl, combine milk and eggs and pour over the quinoa mixture. Top with cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. If desired, broil for two minutes to brown the top.
Share this Recipe