- 4 cup chicken stock
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion finely chopped (about 1 1/2 c.)
- 1/2 butternut squash peeled and cut into 1/2-in. cubes (2 cups)
- coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cup arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 Tbsp rosemary chopped
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup parmesan grated, plus more for serving
- In medium saucepan over medium-high heat, heat chicken stock until simmering, then reduce heat to low and let simmer.
- Heat oil in large, deep-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and butternut squash and cook until beginning to soften, 8 to 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add rice and let cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add white wine and simmer, stirring frequently, until nearly absorbed, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add ½ cup stock. Let simmer until absorbed, stirring frequently. Continue adding stock and simmering until all stock has been used, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in rosemary, butter, and Parmesan. Serve risotto topped with additional grated Parmesan
Share this Recipe