- 2-3 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 14-16 oz. tub extra firm tofu well blotted and diced
- 14-16 oz. tomatoes diced
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 4 oz kale or arugula or spinach
- coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Sriracha sauce or dried hot red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1/4-1/2 cup cilantro parsley, chopped (optional)
- Bake or microwave the sweet potatoes in their skins until done but still firm. When cool enough to handle, peel, and cut into large cubes.
- Heat the oil in a steep sided skillet or stir-fry pan and add the tofu dice. Cook over medium-high heat until golden on most sides.
- Add the cooked and diced sweet potatoes, tomatoes, and curry powder and cumin. Stir in 1/2 cup water. Bring the mixture to a simmer, then cover and cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the arugula or spinach, cover, and cook briefly, just until slightly wilted. Taste and season with more curry if desired. Season with salt and pepper, and add a little heat with sriracha or hot red pepper flakes.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve straight from the pan.
Share this Recipe