- 1 large eggplant peeled and cut into 1/3 inch slices
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 1/2 c seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 3 c tomato sauce
- 1/2 lb mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/3 c Parmesan cheese grated
- Dip each eggplant slice in beaten egg, and dredge with breadcrumbs. Heat oil in a heavy skillet. Over medium high heat fry eggplant in hot oil about 2 minutes per side until golden. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Preheat oven to temperature 350°F Arrange half the eggplant slices in the bottom of baking dish sprayed lightly with nonstick spray. Spread half the sauce over top. Sprinkle with half the mozzarella and half the Parmesan. Repeat layers.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until mixture is bubbly.
Share this Recipe