- 1 tbs olive oil extra-virgin
- 2 round eggplants about 6 oz each, unpeeled, cut into 8 rounds each
- 1/2 cup hummus roasted garlic or other flavor
- 4 tomatoes cherry or grape, quartered
- 2 tbls flat leaf parsley leaves fresh
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and add the oil. Add the eggplant rounds and season with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cover and cook until brown on the bottoms, about 4 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low and, working quickly, flip each eggplant round and top with a dollop of hummus and a cherry tomato quarter, rounded-side down. Cover and cook until heated through and the bottoms are golden brown, about 7 minutes.
Transfer to a platter using a spatula. Sprinkle with the parsley and lemon zest and serve.
Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/middle-eastern-eggplant-rounds-recipe.html?oc=linkback