- .5 lb long beans
- sesame or canola oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic peeled and minced or julienned
- 1 inch piece ginger peeled and minced or julienned
- 1 Tbsp mirin (optional)
- 1-2 tsp soy sauce
- 1-2 Tbsp prepared black bean and garlic sauce (
- 3 Tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp hot sauce or chili paste to taste
- squeeze lemon juice to taste
- toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- Get your wok hot, add enough sesame or canola to create a thin film on the bottom and sides. Toss in the long beans, garlic and ginger and stir fry for about three minutes.
- Add the mirin, black bean sauce, soy sauce and water. Cover and steam two minutes.
- Uncover and add the optional ingredients, if used. Taste and adjust seasonings, and stir fry an additional minute or until the long beans reach the degree of doneness you prefer.
- Serve immediately, garnished with toasted sesame seeds if you like.
Share this Recipe