- 3/4 lb okra uncut
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- vinegar (optional)
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3/4 lb green beans
- 2 cloves garlic crushed then chopped
- 1 cup water
- coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 6 oz. can tomato paste
- Wash okra pods, trim stems, do not remove caps. If desired soak okra in vinegar for 30 minutes to remove some of the stickiness. Rinse well and drain.
- Wash beans and cut into 3 inch lengths.
- Combine water, tomato paste, olive oil, onion, garlic, salt and pepper in a sauce pan and mix well.
- Heat, stirring frequently, until mixture comet to boil. Add okra and beans and additional water if necessary to almost cover vegetables.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer gently until vegetables are crisp-tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
Share this Recipe