- 1 lb okra chopped in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 15 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 ear corn or use frozen
- 1 onion diced
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes halved (about 15-20)
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 avocado
- coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, blanch the okra until it's bright green, about 30 seconds. Drain well and allow to cool to room temperature. Cut the okra into 1/2 inch pieces, and discard the stems.
- Add the okra, beans, corn, onion, olive oil, sea salt, and pepper to a large mixing bowl, and toss gently until the olive oil is evenly distributed.
- Chill for 30 minutes or more. Before serving, cut the avocado into 1/4-inch pieces and gently toss with the salad. Add more salt and pepper to taste if necessary.
Share this Recipe