- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb leafy greens (chard, kale, etc.) chopped
- pinch red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 clove garlic sliced
- 12 oz cremini mushroms sliced
- 1 tsp thyme chopped
- 1/2 oz grated Parmesan
- Combine the quinoa is a saucepan with 2 cups water with a good pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer 10-15 minutes until the quinoa is fluffy and tender.
- In the meantime, heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chard and red pepper flakes and cook until wilted and tender, about 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and remove to a plate.
- Add the remaining oil into the skillet and add the garlic over medium heat. When it is slightly golden, add the mushrooms. When they release their moisture, about 3 minutes, season with a pinch of salt and pepper. When they are tender, about 5 minutes, stir in the reserved chard and the thyme and heat through. Stir in the quinoa and divide among 4 bowls or plates. Top with shaved Parmesan.
Share this Recipe