- 1 1/2 cups butternut squash Large cubes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 shallots Or small onion, chopped. (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3/4 tsp salt Or seasoned salt (optional)
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 3-4 cups kale Stems diced and leaves roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup Macadamia nuts Chopped. Or other nut.
- 1/2 tsp sage
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup feta cheese Or goat cheese.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel and seed the squash and cut into large bite size chucks. Coat with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of the seasoned salt, and the rosemary and place on a sheet pan. Roast for 30 to 45 minutes until tender and caramelized. Turn squash half way through.
- Coat shallots/onions, peeled whole garlic and the remaining ½ teaspoon of seasoned salt with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and place on another sheet pan. Roast for 20-30 minutes turning half way through. (The squash and the garlic can be roasted at the same time.)
- When about 10 minutes remain until the roasted vegetables are caramelized, heat a large skillet over medium high heat and sauté chopped Kale stems in the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. After 3 minutes, toss in the chopped chard leaves and chopped sage and cook for another 1-2 minutes, turning the chard as it cooks with a pair of tongs. Do not over cook.
- Add in roasted vegetables, macadamia nuts and cranberries. Toss over heat to incorporate ingredients for one more minute.
- Remove from heat and add in crumbled feta cheese. Serve immediately
Share this Recipe