- 1 bunch spigarello rinsed & cut into 6" strips
- 3 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 2-3 Tbsp pine nuts
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 2-3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- salt + pepper to taste
- 1. Toast pine nuts: Place the nuts in a dry skillet (don’t add oil!). Heat over medium heat for about 3 minutes, until golden and fragrant. DO NOT leave the stove because the nuts can burn very easily. Once finished, set aside.
- 2. Add olive oil and sliced garlic to a pan over medium heat until the garlic begins to turn brown (about 1 minute), stirring occasionally.
- 3. Add spigarello and sauté, stirring gently, until wilted (about 1-2 minutes more).
- 4. Add pepper flakes & pine nuts. Toss to distribute evenly. Finish with a grind of sea salt & cracked pepper.
Recipe adapted from: farministasfeast.com
Share this Recipe