- 14-16 oz tofu (firm or extra firm) or your protein of choice!
- 2 tbl olive oil
- 1 onion quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper
- 2-3 varieties greens
- greens stalks coarsely chopped
- 1-2 tsp ginger grated fresh or
- 3 tbl low sodium soy sauce or teriyaki sauce to taste
- 1/4 cup toasted cashews or almonds chopped
Cut the tofu into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Blot well between clean tea-towels or several layers of paper towel, then cut into 1/2-inch dice.
Heat half of the oil in a stir-fry pan or wide skillet. Add the tofu and stir-fry over medium-high heat until golden on most sides. Remove to a plate.
Heat the remaining oil in the same skillet. Add the onion and sauté over medium heat until translucent. Add the bell pepper and continue to sauté until the onion is golden. Add the greens and ginger and stir-fry briefly, just until leaves are wilted.
Stir in the tofu dice, season to taste with soy sauce, and serve at once. Pass around toasted nuts for topping each serving, if you’d like.
Note: Use one or two Asian greens such as mizuna, tatsoi, or bok choy (or any other Asian greens available to you); or try a combination of spinach with arugula or watercress. Try Kahumana's stir fry mix, Green Growers bok choy, Pacific Gateway or Ho Farms Kale, or another local favorite from your Oahu Fresh bag!
Read more at http://www.vegkitchen.com/recipes/stir-fried-tofu-with-spring-greens/#9LMlRYX63c2dX3eh.99