- 1 can chickpeas drained
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup parmasan cheese grated (optional)
- 1 clove garlic smashed and chopped
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch baby kale
- Heat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss the chickpeas on a small rimmed baking sheet with the Paprika, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Roast the chickpeas for 10 - 12 minutes - they should become a little bit crunchy.
- Whisk together the remaining 3 tablespoons oil with the lemon zest and juice, cheese, garlic and red pepper. Taste and season with a pinch of salt if you think it needs some.
- Roughly tear the kale leaves into pieces depending on the size of the leaves and put into a large bowl. Pour the dressing over and toss and massage the leaves with your hands so that they're evenly coated.
- Serve the salad with some of the chickpeas spooned over the top and sprinkled with Parmesan, if you like.
Share this Recipe