- 1 bunch collard greens stems and veins removed, chopped into strips
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 eggplant cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup goat cheese crumbled
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp honey
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line 2 baking sheets with foil.
- Cut eggplant into uniform 1 inch cubes. Toss with 1/2 tbsp of the olive oil and spread onto one of the cookie sheets. Slice collards into uniform pieces and toss with 1/2 tbsp of olive oil. Spread onto other cookie sheet.
- Slice corn kernels from the cob. Toss with remaining 1/2 tbsp olive oil and add to a small baking dish.
- Roast collards 10 minutes or until crispy but not burned. Roast eggplant and corn 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes or so. Let vegetables cool slightly before handling.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dressing: In a small saucepan, add garlic, balsamic, oil and honey. Heat on low until thickened, about 10 minutes. Remove garlic cloves and stir in cracked pepper to taste. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine roasted vegetables, dressing, goat cheese, and thyme. Gently stir and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from LivelyTable.com
Share this Recipe