Everything you want to know about long beans:
- Long beans will keep in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days, best in a closed plastic bag.
- To prepare them, trim away the stem end and slice into desired lengths on the diagonal or straight across. Long beans are best trimmed before stir frying.
- Long beans can be stir-fried, stewed, braised, sautéed, shallow fried, and deep fried. With cooking, the long bean’s bean flavor intensifies.
- Stir fry until just tender crunchy.
- Steam or for 3-7 minutes until just tender.
- Braise for 20 minutes with other vegetables and meats, best in a garlicky or oniony braising liquid.
- Long beans can be served raw in salads or added to soups or stir-fried dishes.
- Long beans are low in calories, about 45 calories per cup, and rich in vitamin A and also contain vitamin C and potassium.
Farms that grow Long Beans