Aloha everyone and happy back to school week! We’ve got a bag full of good produce and some great recipes this week to help you get meals on your table quickly.
- bananas and daikon from Leilehua High School Ag students
- kale from Ho Farms
- long beans from Pacific Gateway Farmers
- slicing tomatoes from Green Growers
- hydroponic and organic lettuce from Mari’s Garden
- avocado and fresh rosemary from Kama`aina Land Plant Rentals and Nursery
We know you’re busy getting keiki to and from school again, so here are a few time friendly recipes that you can make to use your produce and still have time to relax!
Halibut with Asparagus, Tomatoes, & Rosemary Use your slicing tomatoes and quarter them, and if you don’t want to buy asparagus, you can substitute in your long beans. Any (white) fish would work, so if you can’t find halibut, use tilapia, moonfish, or even salmon. 20m and dinner is done!
Avocado Mayo Use this on your sandwiches or wraps!