This week we have avocados from Adaptations
How to cut or slice avocados in half:
1. Be sure to fully wash before cutting or slicing.
2. Place the avocado lengthwise on a secure surface.
3. Hold the avocado securely with one hand, and slice slowly down the center lengthwise around the seed, starting at the narrower end.
4. Holding the avocado in the palm of one hand, use your other hand to twist and rotate the two halves apart.
5. Use a teaspoon to remove the stone from the center of the avocado. Use a dessert spoon to scoop the whole avocado flesh out from the shell if required. Cut into slices, chunks, or mash with a fork.
How to peel an avocado:
1. For ripe Hass Avocados, the outer skin or peel is easy to remove. Simply slice the avocado in half or cut into wedges as shown in photo. Then grasp the outer dark layer or skin and pull it away from the inner green flesh of the fruit. If some of the darker almost black portions of the skin remain on the green flesh of the fruit, simply cut them away. The yellow to green portions of the avocado are what you want. Do not consume the peel.
What else is in the bag?
Try out these recipes!